Fleas and ticks are a nuisance to pets and household members. Bites from these parasites can cause more than just small, itchy red lumps. They can also spread dangerous diseases to pets and family members, including skin irritations, typhus, tapeworms, Lyme disease and bubonic plague. Flea eggs and larvae are invisible to the naked eye making your home and property unseen breeding grounds. Here are tips on how to deal with a flea and tick infestation:
Step 1: Pet Treatment
– Wash your dog or cat with flea and tick shampoo.
– Remove fleas and ticks using tweezers and a pet comb.
– Apply sprays, topical treatments, collars and pills.
Step 2: Home and Yard Treatment
– Wash and dry your clothes, linens, bedding and towels using the hottest setting.
– Vacuum your entire house to pick up fleas, ticks, larvae and eggs.
– Cut grass, prune foliage and dispose of leaves and branches to remove hiding spots.
– Apply home and yard flea and tick treatments.
Step 3: Professional Treatment
– Infestations can still occur even if you have completed the above steps.
– Kama’aina Termite and Pest Control offers full-service flea and tick treatments – both interior and exterior – including move-in and move-out service.
– Our experienced professionals will thoroughly inspect your home and develop an eradication plan.
– Monthly, bi-monthly and quarter follow-up service can keep these pests away.