Your home is one of the largest & most important investments you will ever make. Therefore, as a homeowner, you should protect it against one of the many damaging elements such as termites.
Thousands of Hawaii’s homeowners are at a constant battle with Drywood Termites in their homes. Due to our warm and humid climate, Hawaii is highly susceptible to termite activity.
When you see termite droppings (fecal pellets),you know your problems have begun with Drywood Termites.
Tent Fumigation is the only process that has been proven to be 100% effective for the eradication of Drywood termites when performed properly.
WHAT IS VIKANE GAS FUMIGANT?
Vikane is a colorless, odorless, non-staining, noncorrosive and non-flammable gas. This fumigant penetrates deep into wood to eliminate Drywood termites. When the tents are removed, Vikane dissipates into the atmosphere and does not deplete the ozone.
There are many different variables that determine a successful fumigation:
- Accurate measurements of your home: Lx Wx H
- Proper exposure time:The hours your home is covered
- Seal: Applicable ground conditions surrounding the structure
- Vikane Application: Introducing the correct amount of Vikane gas
- Tarp Condition: Durable tents are required,as tears or holes cause leakage
- Wind Conditions:Heavy winds may lead to gas leakage & blowouts
- Ground Type :Sandy or porous conditions may lead to gas seepage.
In the event that your conditions may lead to leakage and/or seep age, additional Vikane fumigant will be applied as necessary.
It is very important that your home is measured accurately to obtain the proper size (Per 11000 Cubic Feet: “MCF” or “Cubes”).This will help determine how much Vikane gas will be applied for your fumigation. A home that is measured inaccurately may not receive the correct amount of Vikane needed to achieve a successful fumigation.