KAMA’AINA GREENPEST CONTROL
A MORE NATURAL PATH TO PEST MANAGEMENT
GreenPest Solutions combines the guaranteed protection from pests you would expect from Kama’aina Termite & Pest Control with updated, environmentally friendly, methods. It’s a greener strategy that allows us to protect your business from pests while protecting the planet.
PEST PREVENTION IS GREENER THAN PEST ELIMINATION
Our GreenPest Solutions pest management program requires customers and staff to work together at pest prevention.
Kama’aina Termite & Pest Control GreenPest Solution meets the stringent qualifications set forth by the leaders in ecological and environmental responsibility: · Our professional commitment to education and awareness of the latest developments keeps you on the cutting edge of green pest management solutions.
THE GREENPEST INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
The best way to solve pest problems is to change the factors that lead to them. The Kama’aina Termite & Pest Control GreenPest Management program focuses on locating and eliminating pest harborage areas, their entry points to your building, and other conditions that create a favorable condition for infestations. This provides maximum effectiveness with minimal treatment.
GreenPest Solutions use less control material to control pests than traditional pest control treatment. For those concerned about the effect of chemicals on their environment, GreenPest Solutions is a good choice. GreenPest Solutions require a partnership because, effectiveness depends greatly on the level of cooperation the customer’s staff provides.
Your Kama’aina Termite & Pest Control Commercial service professional will work with you to continually evaluate and adjust your custom GreenPest Solutions program. In addition, Kama’aina Termite & Pest Control may provide training and/or training materials for your staff.
Inspection: Evaluating Your Situation
Thorough inspections by trained personnel are a key part of a successful GreenPest Solutions program. Because each building and its conditions are unique, an initial survey will be performed to determine specific pest management needs.
- Identify which pests are present and where they are active
- Identify contributing conditions
- Determine which pest management techniques are needed
- Determine the high-risk areas for pest activity
- Determine where control material applications will be necessary
Identification: Determining Which Pests are Present
Un-baited “sticky” monitoring traps are strategically placed to determine which pests are present. The traps, which capture pests as they crawl over them, help determine the extent of pest activity, where pests concentrations might be located and where they may be entering your facility. In larger facilities, a pest-sighting log will be established for employees to assist with monitoring pest activity.
Investigation: Defining Contributing Conditions
Changing the conditions that contribute to pest infestation is key to minimizing control material usage. All pests need food, water and shelter to survive. The less that is available to pests, the fewer number of pests that can survive. In most cases, it is impossible to remove every source available to pests. Typically, a certain number of pests will be able to survive. By cleaning up all food, fixing leaks and removing potential areas of shelter, the overall pest population is lower, making it easier to control with fewer control material treatments.
Recommendations: Preventing Future Infestations
Your Kama’aina Termite & Pest Control service professional will provide a written status report following your initial inspection and after each service. This report will provide specific recommendations regarding conditions contributing to pest infestations.
Following is a sample of general recommendations the Kama’aina Termite & Pest Control professional may suggest:
- Keep stored food products refrigerated or in tightly sealed containers.
- Dispose of packing materials, such as grocery bags, cardboard boxes, pallets and shipping boxes (These may harbor pests.)
- Identify and seal cracks and holes in walls.
Implementation: GreenPest Solutions
Kama’aina Termite & Pest Control uses non-chemical pest management methods where these are reasonable and effective. These include:
- Sanitation—Cleaning up and/or removing potential food and water sources for pests
- Exclusion—Sealing cracks and holes where pests can enter (one of the most effective non-chemical methods to prevent pest invasions)
- Harborage Removal—The less shelter that is available, the fewer the pests that will be able to breed and hide there
- Environmental Changes—Changing the environmental conditions of a room or area so that pests cannot survive
- Entry Prevention—Examining goods and items for pests as they are brought into the building (Particularly effective against German cockroaches)
- Trapping & Monitoring—Rodents can be effectively controlled in many situations using traps. Flying insects also can be controlled with properly placed insect light traps. Traps also work well for monitoring pest activity.
Application: Targeting Treatment Options
GreenPest Solutions does not preclude the use of control material.. An effective GreenPest program reduces the need for control material treatments, and increases effectiveness. Sometimes no control material will be required, but often the best answer is the right product in the smallest amount possible. Every situation is different and your Kama’aina Termite & Pest Control service professional will analyze your circumstances and recommend the best plan for you.